Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Welcome the 112th Congress

I know it has been a while since positing anything here, but have I have had a busy Christmas and New Year's.  I have moved back home and in the process of trying to find a job.  I left my old job because I am ready to pursue other things in my life.  At a time like this, some people might think it is crazy to leave a job; however, I did not want to continue at the pace of my former job.  Additionally, I want to spend more time with those who I love.



So, we will have a new Congress today.  The Republicans will control the House and have made gains in the Senate.  There have even been mention of cutting 100 billion dollars from the federal government in the first 8 months.  That is the right track to rebuild our nation.  We must get our financials in order.  With that said, there are many places where the federal government can cut costs that are right in line with Catholic values, mostly in the pro-life category.  Now, I am not sure, but I do believe that there are federal dollars going to promote condom use across the nation and the globe.  Well, cut those programs.  Liberals try to say it is for health reasons, but that is a simple argument.  Take responsibility for your actions, if you do not want a STD, do not have sex.  If only we knew how a Sexually Transmitted Disease was spread.......

That is just the tip of the iceberg.  I wish I had access to the Federal Budget.  There would be so much red ink all over it.  It would not even be funny.  Another place to cut spending.... letsmove.gov   I have no idea how much that costs to run, but a dollar is too much.  I can sum it up easily.  Eat healthy and get exercise.

So, for the new Congress.  We need to cut our spending, hold individuals responsible for their actions, and make God the center of our society again.  We start doing those things, then we are getting on the right track. I am glad to see Pelosi out and Boehner in as Speaker of the House.  We have a weak Catholic being replaced by what seems to be a strong one.  Hopefully he realizes that the Catholic values and beliefs are what our country need.

That is all I have for now.  If someone does have access to the federal budget, pass it along to me.  I have updated all the Catholic Senators and Congressmen of the 112th Congress.  Now that I am somewhat settled, I will be posting and updating often.

2 comments: